1. We watched YouTube Videos of geysers erupting.
2. We read a book about Geysers
3. We created geysers using 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke and mentor candy.
Geysers shoot up blasts of boiling water through the surface of the earth.
The boiling water creates steam. The steam moves up towards the Earths surface though a narrow passage creating more pressure. This causes the eruption of steam and boiling water.
1. Read books about plants.
2. Look at different plant seeds and compare size, color, smell and textures. We planted pumpkins, carrots, lettuce and sunflower seeds.
3. Learning Objectives:
* Plants need sun, soil and water to grow.
* Plant seeds will have different colors, textures, smells and size.
* Seeds need to be buried about 2 inches below the dirt.
* We need to water our seeds daily.
1. We watched YouTube videos about tornados.
2. We read books about Tornados
3. We created tornadoes using 2 liter pop bottles and a bottle connector.
*Tornadoes are shaped like funnels.
*How tornados are created: Cold wind high up meet meets warm air and warm air lowers down.
*Tornados typical are from 25-95 mph (as fast as parents drive their cars on the highway).
1. We watched YouTube videos about volcanos and various eruptions.
2. We read a book about volcanoes.
3. The kids made the volcano using clay and a miniature bottle.
4. Each child put the dish soap and baking soda in the volcano and then added the baking soda for the eruption.
1. Volcanoes are openings (holes) in the Earth that allow heat to escape.
2. Volcanoes put steam, ash, gases and melted rock.
3. Lava flows out of the top.Lava cools and forms into rocks.